Skeleton watches are some of the best watches in the market, and as you have seen, their costs tend to be prohibitive to a large part of the population. Consequently, if you consider buying one, consider the below watches as they will give you the best value for your money regardless of your budget.
Skeleton watches design is such that only the watch’s basic skeleton frame is incorporated, resulting in a unique design.
The skeleton design is one of the most attractive you will find anywhere worldwide because it allows you to observe the watch’s gentle mechanical operations each time the watch ticks.
However, due to the high demand these watches have, most of them tend to cost significant amounts. Therefore, to help you choose the best skeleton watch for your budget, this article will walk you through some of the best skeleton watches for different budgets.
Round up of the ten best skeleton watches list.
- Invicta Men’s 1090 Russian Diver watch – Budget $ 200
- Bulova Men’s Brown 96A120 BVA Series – Budget $300
- Stuhrling Original Men’s Watch 371 Series – Budget $500
- Hamilton JazzmasterViewmatic Automatic Skeleton H42555751 –Budget $1000
- Tissot Men’s T0704051641100 T- Complication Squelette –Budget $2000
- TAG HeuerCarrera Automatic CAR2A1Z.FT6044 – Budget $ 5000
- Zenith Men’s Defy El Primero Titanium Watch – Budget 10,000
- AudemarsPiguet Millenary 15350ST.00.D.002CR.01
- Hamilton Men’s Open Heart Watch #H32565555 – Luxurious yet Affordable
- Orient Star RK-AT0008L – Best for women
- 1 Ten best Skeleton watches according to your budget.
- 2 1. Invicta Men’s 1090 Russian Diver watch – Budget: $ 200
- 3 Watch specifications
- 4 2. Bulova Men’s Brown 96A120 BVA Series – Budget $300
- 5 Watch specifications
- 6 3. Stuhrling Original Men’s Watch 371 Series – Budget $500
- 7 Watch specifications
- 8 4. Hamilton JazzmasterViewmatic Automatic Skeleton H42555751 –Budget $1000
- 9 Watch specifications
- 10 5. Tissot Men’s T0704051641100 T- Complication Squelette –Budget $2000
- 11 Watch specifications
- 12 6. TAG HeuerCarrera Automatic CAR2A1Z.FT6044 – Budget $ 5000
- 13 Watch specifications
- 14 7. Zenith Men’s Defy El Primero Titanium Watch – Budget $10,000
- 15 Watch specifications
- 16 8. AudemarsPiguet Millenary 15350ST.00.D.002CR.01
- 17 Watch specification
- 18 9. Hamilton Men’s Open Heart Watch #H32565555
- 19 Watch specifications
- 20 10. Orient Star RK-AT0008L – Best for women
- 21 FAQs
- 22 How do you consider the best skeleton watch?
- 23 Are skeleton watches fragile?
- 24 Is there an advantage in owning a skeleton watch over an ordinary watch?
- 25 In skeleton watches, do I need to see the entire mechanical system?
- 26 How accurate are skeleton watches?
Ten best Skeleton watches according to your budget.
1. Invicta Men’s 1090 Russian Diver watch – Budget: $ 200
If you want a glossy accessory that will set you apart from the crowd, this is the watch for you.
At the modest price of $200, the Invicta Men’s 1090 Russian Diver watch is one of the most exquisite yet affordable watches on this list.
The watch designers made it with:
- A stainless steel frame and case
- A stainless steel and polyurethane strap
- A screw-down crown
The watch designers made it to be water-resistant to a depth of 50m. Therefore, you can comfortably go for short swims without damaging the watch.
- The watch design is such that it runs by mechanical movement.
- The watch is 52mm in diameter. Therefore, people with smaller wrists might not find it suitable.
2. Bulova Men’s Brown 96A120 BVA Series – Budget $300
For a budget of about $300, the Bulova Men’s Brown 96A120 BVA Series is an outstanding selection.
The watch has a brown face with a Roman dial design bound to catch eyes. The watch is also self-winding and has 21 jewels that you can see via an exhibition case and double on-dial aperture.
The watch designers also gave it a neutral color scheme, suitable for various clothes, whether casual or formal.
The watch’s dial knob is sensitive and suitably sized. Moreover, it offers excellent grip even with sweaty hands.
- The watch is 42 mm in diameter. Therefore, it is suitable for individuals with narrow wrists also.
- The case is 11mm in thickness.
- The strap is 22 mm wide and made of genuine leather
3. Stuhrling Original Men’s Watch 371 Series – Budget $500
For $ 500, one of the best skeleton watches you can buy is the Stuhrling Original Men’s Watch 371 Series.
The watch has an elegant, eye-catching design with an onion-design crown and Dauphine design hands.
The watch design also incorporates a dual-time feature. Therefore, if you are a traveler, you will doubtlessly find it handy. Moreover, utilizing this dual-time feature is relatively easy as you need only use your natural movement and the; automatic mechanism technology for the watch to wind itself.
- The watch is 47 mm in diameter.
- The watch design incorporates silver dials and blue hour markers
- The watch utilizes a 24 mm alligator strap for comfort
4. Hamilton JazzmasterViewmatic Automatic Skeleton H42555751 –Budget $1000
A combination of class and elegance, the Hamilton JazzmasterViewmatic Automatic Skeleton H42555751 embodies creativity and discovery in its design. It generally looks like an attractive piece that blends modernity and traditional expertise to give you a sophisticated timepiece.
The watch designers utilized stainless steel of utmost strength, low color deformation, and superb corrosion resistance to give you a durable watch.
The watch is also fitted with scratch-proof sapphire glass and is wholly waterproof. The designers also incorporated soft yet supple leather straps in the watch. These leather straps give you maximum comfort regardless of the duration you have the watch on.
One of the best things about this watch is that it runs automatically and winds itself without the need for a battery, all for your convenience as a watch lover.
- The watch is also fitted with scratch-proof sapphire glass
- Automatic operation
5. Tissot Men’s T0704051641100 T- Complication Squelette –Budget $2000
With a sleek yet modern design made with the utmost craftsmanship, the Tissot Men’s T0704051641100 T- Complication Squelette, is the best skeleton watch money can buy in the $ 2000 mark.
Like most skeleton watches, you can see the movement of the gauges through the dial, giving you visual satisfaction for your money.
Moreover, the watch is water-resistant up to 50m. Therefore, you need not worry about damaging it in the rain or light swims.
- The watch has a diameter of 48 mm.
- The watch designers incorporated stainless steel for maximum durability. Moreover, the leather straps are black, enabling you to comfortably wear this timepiece with virtually any cloth in your wardrobe.
6. TAG HeuerCarrera Automatic CAR2A1Z.FT6044 – Budget $ 5000
TAG Heuer watches are some of the most known watches in most parts of the world due to their numerous partnerships in Europe.
As such, you expect quality from this watch. The watch has a steel case made from stainless steel. Moreover, the designers incorporated luminescent scratchproof sapphire crystal watch hands that you can see through. Therefore, you can see the gauge movements as you look at the watch.
The watch also has the automatic winding capability and a 50-hour power reserve. Moreover, its stopwatch can operate for up to 40 hours.
- The watch is 45mm in diameter. Therefore, you can read the time comfortably
- The watch is water-resistant to 330 feet
- The watch has three utility subdials
- A 50-hour power reserve
7. Zenith Men’s Defy El Primero Titanium Watch – Budget $10,000
If you want an elegant yet masculine skeleton watch, the zenith Men’s Defy El Primero Titanium is the perfect watch for you.
The skeleton structure of the watch makes it easy to view the movement of the gauges as time ticks. Its design also lends the watch a confident yet sturdy appearance.
The watch straps are elegant and made from rubber for the utmost user comfort regardless of how long you use the watch.
The watch is also capable of withstanding 10 ATMs of water pressure. Therefore, you need not worry about damaging the watch when you find yourself caught out in the rain or swimming.
- The watch utilizes Zenith 49.9000.9004/78.R582 beats at 360,000 vibrations at an hour.
- The watch is 44mm in diameter
- Waterproof design to up to 10ATM
- Power reserve capable of lasting 50 hours
8. AudemarsPiguet Millenary 15350ST.00.D.002CR.01
The AudemarsPiguet Millenary 15350ST.00.D.002CR.01 is a watch that incorporates an exciting design for stylish individuals, bound to turn heads due to its astounding functionality and aesthetics.
The watch also incorporates alligator straps and stainless steel for utmost durability.
The watch is also self-winding and has a second screen that is easy to read. Moreover, it has a power reserve capable of lasting 60 hours.
- The watch is three dimensional in appearance
- The watch is 47 mm in diameter
- The AudemarsPiguet Millenary 15350ST.00.D.002CR.01 has an 18-karat rose gold case with eccentric discs that are silver in color.
- The watch has a 60-hour power reserve
- The watch also incorporates alligator straps and stainless steel for utmost durability.
9. Hamilton Men’s Open Heart Watch #H32565555
The Hamilton brand is renowned for its reliable mechanical watches with unique yet durable design, and the Hamilton Men’s Open Heart Watch #H32565555 is one you can count on to deliver luxury and durability.
The watch is versatile, luxurious, and elegant in design. It employs the use of:
- A stainless steel case
- A skeleton back
- Glowing screen
- Sapphire glass
- A silver dial engraved with gold accents for an attractive design
The watch is also water-resistant to a depth of 50m. Therefore, you need not worry about damaging it in the rain. Moreover, the watch has a power reserve that can last 80 hours.
- A 40mm watch case
- The power reserve can last up to 80 hours
- Water-resistant to 50 meters
- The watch has a power reserve that can last 80 hours.
10. Orient Star RK-AT0008L – Best for women
If you want a skeleton watch suitably designed for a woman, the Orient Star RK-AT0008L is the watch you would like.
The watch is a sophisticated yet elegant high-end piece from Japan, incorporated with:
- Powerful features
- An attractive design
- Complex function ability
The power meter sub-dial and open heart structure showcase the mechanical components of the watch at the 9 o’clock position.
Its pink border of roman numerals and dial also adds to its attractiveness.
When you come to functionality, the watch is self-winding and has power reserves that can last up to 40 hours.
It also incorporates:
- Anti-reflective sapphire glass with an anti-reflection coating
- F6f44 automatic movement
- A hacking mechanism (second-hand halt feature)
- A stainless steel case
- Transparent bottom surface
- Excellent water resistance
How do you consider the best skeleton watch?
A skeleton watches your friend find ideal might not be ideal for you. As such, while selecting skeleton watches, consider:
- Automatic or mechanical
- The material
- The design like color, size, and so on
- The type of movement you want
- Water resistance
Are skeleton watches fragile?
No, skeleton watches have the same features as ordinary watches. Therefore, their durability is not questionable. However, the effort exerted in their design, the materials used, and the required craftsmanship to tie it all up contribute to the high price tags the watches have.
Is there an advantage in owning a skeleton watch over an ordinary watch?
Yes, skeleton watches, unlike ordinary watches, enable you to view the workings of your watch. Consequently, you can always clean the watch to avoid dirt accumulation which is a significant factor in damaging watches.
In skeleton watches, do I need to see the entire mechanical system?
No. Whether you see the entire mechanical parts or not, so long as there is a part of the watch’s gauge system revealed, you have a skeleton watch at hand.
How accurate are skeleton watches?
The accuracy of skeleton watches, like ordinary watches, varies depending on several factors like:
- Your location
- The prevailing temperature conditions
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. I hope it was useful to you. Here are some tools that I use as a horologist and hope you will find useful as well.
These are affiliate links, so if you use any of them, I will receive a commission. But, to be honest, these are the exact tools I use and recommend to everyone, including my own family.
Horologists Course: ProjectV is our program designed to help everyday people replace their current income in 31 months.
Web Hosting: Bluehost is a great place to start if you're just getting started. They have the most basic setup, and I've had a lot of really positive interactions with them when I've needed help. When you use my link, they actually give you a small discount. Bigscoots is a good choice if you're more tech-savvy and have a site with more than 50,000 monthly pageviews.
Stock Photography: We use a lot of stock photos, which can get expensive. We like 123RF for this because they have a large photo library and some of the best prices we've seen.
Advertising Networks: Because they are so passive, ads are one of our favorite ways to monetize websites. However, most ad networks will not work with you unless you have a LOT of traffic. That's one of the reasons we like Ezoic so much. With Ezoic, you can start displaying ads on your websites right away, no matter how small they are, and earn significantly more than you would with Adsense.